3D model by
|In 1861 the Maryland Legislature met in an extraordinarily special session to decide if Maryland should secede. Because delegates with southern sympathies had been arrested prior to reaching...|
Tuesday, April 26, 2011
Kemp Building on Market Street: "
Tuesday, April 12, 2011
To commemorate the start of the Civil War on this 150th anniversary I have created a Google Earth file of the Battle of Fort Sumter
This file contains:
- 3D version of Fort Sumter before it was attacked
- 3D version of the Floating Battery of Charleston that was used to fire on Fort Sumter
- Historical map overlays of the locations of various Confederate Batteries that fired on Fort Sumter.
- These maps come from Library of Congress and the National Archives
- Geo-located Civil War Era photos of the damage Fort Sumter endured and the locations of the Confederate batteries. These photos also come from Library of Congress and the National Archives
- Twitter Feeds of the Washington Post's twitter campaign of the Civil War
- Links to Qwiki and Wikipedia articles and media about the Battle and various locations
If you just want to see Fort Sumter only. See it in Google Earth here